Have you always been drawn to the creative side of things? Are you a self starter that wants to dive into a hub of storytellers and be that helping hand? Come join our team of directors, producers, artists and managers. Known for its story driven and well crafted films, Hornet is a director based mixed media production company based in the heart of Soho, NYC. Hornet is seeking a motivated Scheduler to join the Scheduling Team, working closely with the Producers to find the most appropriate creative resources from pitch to production. Though this position will ultimately be based in our Soho, NY office, it will be remote for the time being due to COVID-19.
A successful candidate will be a pro-active, effective communicator, highly self-motivated with a curatorial eye and eager to find the best artists and crew for projects that will support, execute, and elevate the Directors’ vision. Only candidates with a solid foundation and understanding of production within the commercial, film, animation, vfx, print and digital industries will be considered.
Hornet works with emerging artists on a daily basis on a wide range of projects. We are particularly interested in motivated candidates who enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting amongst driven creative types – with the ability to clearly communicate, organize and foster a team in a fast paced environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Directors, Producers, and Leads scheduling creative resource needs for their projects in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with artists and agents including managing crew holds, challenges, and bookings.
- Work with Producers, Leads, and Operations Manager to ensure resources are allocated appropriately based on the schedule and priorities of each project, working to solve any resource scheduling conflicts that may arise.
- Ensure creative resource databases are accurately up to date.
- Assist with Hornet Internship Program Coordination with the other Schedulers under the supervision of the Development Producer and Department Heads, including working with the Operations Manager to process international artist visa requirements.
- Assist with outreach, recruitment & retention through school visits, membership to professional organizations, attendance at industry events.